I used to be the first one to volunteer to bring the store-bought pasta or potato salad or chips. But this year, I’ll be bringing something healthier and just as tasty!
I have a slight issue with gluten (it makes me break out, so you can always tell when I’ve been eating it, like a scarlet G) so I try to avoid it. I’ve found some good pasta substitutes (that I actually think I like more than wheat) but I’ve never tried them in a pasta salad. I was a bit concerned about how well gluten-free pasta would hold up. I used Ancient Harvest Quinoa pasta and was surprised that it held up just fine.
I decided since I was making my own pasta salad I’d throw in homemade salad dressing too just to make it super duper healthy.
On to the recipe so you can enjoy this healthy bit of goodness.
The dressing recipe is courtesy of Penny over at Penniless Parenting. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family has.
What are you making for barbecues and family get togethers this weekend?
About MeHey! I'm Beth. Welcome to Whole New Leaf! Thanks for visiting! My goal this year is to live a happier, more organized and healthier life. Please check out my blog to follow my journey and projects.
- How to be Productive with a Toddler Around (Chores) July 30, 2013
- Where Have I Been? What Have I Been Doing? (Catching Up) July 23, 2013
- Chicken & Veggie Bake (Whole Foods) June 14, 2013
- Using My Silhouette In The Shower (Bathroom Organization) June 10, 2013
- Couch to 5k – My First 5k and Printable June 7, 2013