Wow, 39 days without a post (sad face). You probably thought I was on some extravagant, month-long vacation, right? Not quite but I did take a
little break from posting to refresh after the end of the school year.
I definitely haven’t been sitting around twiddling my thumbs though. As proof, I thought I’d give you an update on what has been occupying my time (besides my little angel
baby boy) and what you can expect in some upcoming posts.
- I finally got my laundry under control (since some of the non-essential pieces had piled up at the end of the school year). Look for a post later this week on how I was able to accomplish numerous loads of laundry with an extremely busy 18 month old.
- I’ve been working on balancing our budget without feeling deprived. Check back for a post on how to add some luxury to your budget without spending a luxurious amount.
- I’ve put together a couple of cool t-shirts using my Silhouette and some heat transfer vinyl. First, I made some superhero themed shirts for my husband, son, father and father-in-law for Father’s Day (yeah it’s been that long, sad face again). Then, I made some patriotic shirts for my son and nephew for Fourth of July . Look for pictures and a tutorial in the next few weeks.
- I’ve been “up in the gym just working on my fitness” (Fergie, anyone?). My ultimate goal is get back into my college rowing shape but that’s going to take A WHILE! It’s always good to have a goal though, right? Check back for a post on some functional fitness (everyday strength) moves you can do at home in the coming weeks.
- Nutrition has to go along with fitness so I’ve been doing a lot of research about “eating clean” and “real food”. I’ll be putting together some posts on organics vs. conventional fruits and veggies, helpful clean eating/real food websites/blogs and some terminology I’ve learned to help navigate all those confusing labels. I’ll also be tweeting and Facebooking (is that a verb?) my nutritional journey starting in August so be sure to follow me on Twitter (@wholenewleaf) and like me on Facebook (facebook.com/wholenewleaf) to hear all my ups and downs (cutting sugar completely will definitely be a
- I also have a couple organizing projects that are waiting on my attention. Most exciting is our kitchen command center that I have most of the materials for but haven’t gotten to assemble yet. Look for that reveal just in time for the back to school craziness.
I’m sure I’ve missed something but that, at least, gives you an idea of what’s been happening around here and what to expect in the coming weeks.
What have you been up to so far this summer? What have been your favorite projects and/or experiences? What are you most interested in hearing about in the coming weeks?
About MeHey! I'm Beth. Welcome to Whole New Leaf! Thanks for visiting! My goal this year is to live a happier, more organized and healthier life. Please check out my blog to follow my journey and projects.
- How to be Productive with a Toddler Around (Chores) July 30, 2013
- Where Have I Been? What Have I Been Doing? (Catching Up) July 23, 2013
- Chicken & Veggie Bake (Whole Foods) June 14, 2013
- Using My Silhouette In The Shower (Bathroom Organization) June 10, 2013
- Couch to 5k – My First 5k and Printable June 7, 2013